Monday, September 30, 2013

And so it begins...

Earrings offered through
Facebook competition
This month is the beginning of my busiest and craziest time of year. Starting this Friday, with the Aultbea market, I will be part of no fewer than seven events, taking up 14 days. This includes the local markets, the Exclusively Highlands events  and setting up shop in the GALE Centre for four days in the middle of December. I am currently running a competition on Facebook and I am busy creating new pieces for all the events. New stones have been added to my inventory over the last couple of months and I am using them in new pieces - three more necklace and earrings sets and one pair of earrings and one necklace are what I've created so far. This week, I hope to add to my bracelets collections. I hope to get these new pieces photographed over the next several weeks. Our new house boasts the most amazing light and I feel quite sure the photogrpahs will be even better with the natural light I am able to harness. It's all very busy here at our new home overlooking Loch Ewe.

Unfortunately, as I approach all these events and all this creativity, I am dealing with some serious family issues - my mother, who is 86 years old - is very unwell and in hospital back in the States. I have to keep in mind that I may have to fly home at some point. Needless to say, it is a great cause of concern and I am trying to keep focused on my work until the time comes. 

So, I shall continue to create new pieces to introduce in the months and events to come. Please keep an eye out for new designs as I place them on the site. The newest pair of earrings to appear in Vogue will will be displayed very soon. They feature lovely small rubies. I am sure you will like them.

In addition to the new pieces of jewellery, I am searching for new ways to market my jewellery. I have recently agreed to a contract with Just For Her magazine. The magazine is distributed to women who serve in the military along with the wives and girlfriends of servicemen. I am sure it will be a very good fit. Ailleas Designs will continue to be seen in Vogue until December. The new year will find Ailleas Designs in the Valentine's Shopping Guide that will be part of the February issue of GQ. I have plans to create an online portfolio and the website itself will have a new page that will give you a new way to see Ailleas Designs, so stay tuned.

Until next time, thank you for your interest in Ailleas Designs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martha! I was just wondering if you could answer my question I have about your blog! My name is Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete